Nice - vieille ville

2010-05-31

Oh Amsterdam..

Originally my plan was to blog about my return flights home simply because it's been a while since I've blogged.

So, yesterday after arriving in Nice at roughly nine AM with no where in particular to go, I decided it would be best just to bum around for like 9 hours till everyone else got back via train. At the time it didn't seem like to much time, but as I discovered, being homeless is trés boring. For those nine hours I slept on the beach, ate baguette, fed the pigeons with my shoe to their faces, and read. NEVER gave I been so scroungy looking. I wish I had a picture of the incident (in honor of Patrick I bought a bottle of wine and a beer and hung out in a park).

Anyway, Alec came up with a plan to get me fed and looking more like an American child than a lonely buzzed French hobo. So he asked his house mother if it was ok if I crashed there for the night and maybe had dinner with them. Her being amazing as she is, agreed and even let me have a shower. Well, my story so far isn't so awesome, so long story short is I ate, I showered, I couldn't spend the night because my plane left too early for me to get there on time, and I said my thank you's and goodbyes.

So I arrive at the Nice airport only to be told I'm not allowed to spend the night..
Carlos "WHAT?!? What do you mean by that?!?!"
Lady "Sir, I'm sorry but you're going to have to go talk to security."
Carlos "I whill. I whill do that!"

A few minutes later...

Security "I think that lady is crazy because as long as you have your boarding pass you can stay here if you want...but all we have are metal benches and tile floors."
Carlos "That's fine I just want to fall asleep warm!"
Security "Ok good luck son."

So....I did what came naturally that day and fell asleep on the floor only to be woken up by the horn of a floor polisher at 2am...who woulda thunk?

Anyway, so that morning I pass through security and board my plane ready to go home and sleep in my own bed and poop on my own toilet (sorry ladies).

A few minutes a pass and I glance at my watch, it's 7:35...weren't we supposed to take off at 6:50?

Captain "Excuse me folks, we are having to reset our navigation system and it was supposed to take five minutes but it seems that blah blah blah.."

Carlos (in my brain) "oh my hell! Ima miss my next plane!" which incase you were wondering I did miss..I had gotten up the security, passed it and passport control, and was walking into the catwalk to my plane when I was stopped...what now? I HAVE to get on this plane! Anyway, they told me I couldn't get on because my bags weren't in it yet, which makes no sense because they could just send them in a later flight..so, they tell me where to go to set up a transfer, and lo-and-behold, it's a 2hour wait time because Delta canceled an entire flight to Detroit..so I get in line and quickly make some friends. A cute American girl and an even cuter German girl (you guys may owe me a bottle of wine after tonight. The Angora Rabbit it going in for the kill). So I find out that they have been there since yesterday and KLM put them up in a hotel with meals provided! They even got t-shirts!

Well, this pretty much brings us to now, the girls are still here and so am I. We had dinner together, and now I'm blogging for you children. I leave tomorrow at 4:30 from the hotel and arrive in SLC at like 2pm. O well.

List of prizes given to me by KLM:

Ten euros
A shirt
Tooth brush
Socks
A hotel room
A 50 euros off my next flight with Delta, KLM, or Airfrance.
And best of all, new friends.


Ps, there is a mini horse ranch right behind my room hahahaha. Oh the entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. AYyy Dios thats tooo muchh! im srry you missed ur flight -yesi love you lotz & take care i dnt know why im putting this as anonymus

    ReplyDelete