Nice - vieille ville

2010-05-24

I SMELL GOOD!




We all got to go to the Musee Matisse de Nice which has been open since January 5th 1963. Henri Matisse is a famous painter and sculpture. He was the most important painter in the 20th century and is said to rival Picasso in his influence. It was so cool to be able to see the work of an artist that is SO famous, and had as much influence as that man did. Before we entered the museum, our buddy Pat was giving us a little background information on the site. We were all standing close together when a little breeze picked up. I guess the breeze from my direction blew towards Ryan. In the middle of Pat's speech while it was very quiet suddenly I hear, "YOU SMELL GOOD!!!!" right in my ear! I look behind me and Ryan is standing there smiling, and has no clue that he just interrupted a speech... and did so by yelling in my ear. I realized the reason for his interruption was that his IPOD was blasting Paramore and he had no idea what he had just done. It probably one of the funniest moments on the trip so far. The joke for the rest of the day (and actually still) was to randomly come up behind me, sniff, and yell YOU SMELL GOOD! Needless to say I got alot of compliments on my perfume that day-unfortunately it was mostly to make fun of Ryan.
Strange observance- the flowers here must be fed some serious miracle grow! They are so healthy and much more beautiful than the one's in the U.S.
Here's a picture of the jardin near the musueum and Matisse's grave. Matisse's grave has a bunch of stones on top of it which are placed there for respect from visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment