Nice - vieille ville

2010-06-02

Le Château de Fontainebleau

On our free day in Paris, I took a crazy journey to Fontainebleau. First of all, it was really weird to be alone in Paris trying to find the right train to take me 34 miles outside of Paris and then hoping the train will take you back. After a fun 1hour 30min travel experience of hit and miss, I made it to my destination. Well worth it.
This palace, transformed by Napoleon Bonaparte into a symbol of his grandeur, was really remarkable.

I walked along the gardins then took a tour inside. Every room was really cool to see but my favorite was the throne room, the only throne room fully furnished in France, and Napoleon's library. I enjoyed it all.

It was a great time and Im glad I took the time to go and see it. By far my favorite chateau I have seen in France.

2 comments:

  1. That place is beautiful! Glad you were able to make it back safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared, do you think we should try to incorporate it into future program itineraries?

    ReplyDelete