Nice - vieille ville

2010-06-22

Dejeuner!

On the last week in Nice I decided to visit an Evangelical Church nearby to Madame Sebban’s house. I wanted to see what the difference was between the three major denominations including masses at French Catholic Cathedrals and the Russian Orthodox Cathedral in Nice. The service was pretty typical of a protestant church, songs, a sermon and prayer. It was interesting singing familiar songs translated into French. Luck was in my favor as they were having a potluck that day and I was more than happy to accept their invitation to dine with them. What I thought would be a typical potluck turned out to be a cultural experience. I say cultural because the meal was composed of traditional French/Mediterranean and African cuisine. Tabouli, salad, Nicoise Salad, baguette, pastas, chicken, and my favorite a spicy pepper sauce on the chicken. Some of the congregation are from French speaking countries in Africa and had made a special honey cake bread thing. I’m not sure what it was but it was delicious. After eating for over two hours, cheese and wine was served, including caprice des dieux. After sitting and conversing for another hour sipping on wines and sampling cheeses, dessert was served. There was homemade Flan and my absolute favorite dessert in the entire world: TIRA MISU!!! It was by the best tiramisu I have ever had and finished a perfect meal off nicely. The total deujener experience lasted for around four hours. Thank you victoire centre Nice for the hospitality and the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment